Art can be a healer. Despite the fact that art is fun, there are amazing benefits; which can be experienced by practicing just one or a few art activities. It all depends on your preferences. There is a type of art for every type person and you improve your health with any of them. Things like dancing, painting and drawing have surprising results on your health.
6 Health Benefits from ART
- Just dance! – Dancing has astonishing results on: weight loss, getting fit, physical performance and heart condition. It does’t matter if you have never danced before. Sedentary people can completely get such benefits as well and it doesn’t take long.
Painting and Drawing– As simple as that grab a pencil, colorful paint and a paper.
- Improves creativity: whether you are illustrating something real or an abstract you will be in touch with your creative and emotional side.
- Improvement on communication skills: By creating something artistic on paper you are letting all your emotions out. This improves the way in which you express yourself and go beyond your limits. This is very useful to increase self-confidence and helpful in cases of shyness, and mental disabilities.
- Improves problem solving: It arises the capacity of critical thinking, due to the fact that when you paint you have to look for a variety of solutions and you learn to look at things from different angles.
- Stress relief: You will develop optimism and feel happier. Painting and drawing can take you out of the routine and help you become relaxed. As you continue practicing you will get better results and with them a lot of self-rewarding emotions.
- Improves mobility: It will improve your hand movement by using a brush or a pencil. This is a simple exercise that sends motor ability signals from the brain to the motor neurons making the specific mobility action be a success. With constancy and practice motor skills in general will become sharp.
Besides mentioning the fact that these activities are very entertaining, they have such great effects on health. This makes them definitely worth trying. Their effects go beyond physical health, since mental and emotional capacities are also improved. Let yourself enjoy the benefits of art.